Minimise your legal risks while engaging independent contractors.
Engaging independent contractors without clear agreement on the nature of the relationship can expose your organisation to claims and liabilities when the arrangement ends.
This 15-page document provides clarity and sets out obligations on both sides of the agreement, in terms of:
- The nature of the engagement and relationship;
- Performance of services;
- Work health and safety;
- Compliance with policies;
- Payment of fees and expenses;
- Personnel entitlements and liabilities;
- Responsibility for taxes;
- Rectification, liability and indemnity;
- Intellectual property and moral rights;
- Representations and warranties;
- Termination; and more.
This template agreement applies when the contractor is a company, and a specific person will perform the work. It is accompanied by 22 practical “do’s and don’ts” to help you avoid contractors being deemed to be employees. Both documents will be emailed to you in Word format.
This agreement has been prepared by Kristin Ramsey of Hynes Legal. It has been drafted to help your organisation comply with all relevant Australian industrial laws.
Please tick the checkout box to indicate that you have read, understand, and agree to the terms and conditions before proceeding with your purchase. Purchases are not refundable.